|The process related to the preparation for the defence takes the following steps:
submission of the thesis is done by uploading it by the student to APD
system and sending it for anti-plagiarism verification by the
receiving the report from the anti-plagiarism test the supervisor fills
the review paper in APD system. After the review has been prepared, the
supervisor sends an e-mail from the SGH account to email@example.com, enclosing the review of the thesis in
the attachment, and in the content of message confirming acceptance of
the work as a bachelor’s thesis (“I accept as a bachelor thesis”) and
indicating the proposed reviewer. In the e-mail title should be
„supervisor XXXXX”, where XXXXX is the student’s number.
3) If the Rules and Regulations
or Dean’s Instruction specify the latest deadline of submitting the
thesis, it is deemed to have been met if the supervisor sends the e-mail
described above before the deadline.
4) Within 7 days the latest from the moment the thesis is uploaded to the APD system, the student shall send an e-mail from the SGH e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled
“student XXXXX”, where XXXXX is the student’s number, giving the
current telephone number, which is obliged to answer especially during
the defence date, in case of technical problems on the part of the
university. The attachment to this e-mail are:
- confirmation of payment for the diploma, paid by bank transfer to the individual account number from VDO,
case of extracurricular achievements, about which information is
included in the diploma supplement – additionally filled annex available
on the website statement of the student's additional activity and confirmation of particular achievements in the form of e-mails send by appropriate SGH units or scans of documents.
The total volume of the attachments shall not exceed 20 Mb.
ATTENTION: declaration of the author of thesis should be send with the personal questionnaire
Dean’s office notifies the reviewer appointed by the Dean of a request
to review the thesis. The reviewer fill the form in the APD system and
then send the completed review form in PDF by e-mail from the address in SGH domain to email@example.com, in the title writing “reviewer XXXXX”, where XXXXX is the student’s number.
6) After receiving the complete documentation and verifying the student’s completion
of studies, the Dean’s office informs the supervisor, reviewer and
student about the planned date of defence, no later than 7 days before
its date by e-mail to the SGH e-mail address.
most important part of the thesis is its content. You need to pay
attention for a few crucial from formal point of view matters:
- The title page of the thesis must be the laid out according to the model (title page in Microsoft Word) - current example, valid from 01.10.2020
- The second page should be left blank (or the list of content will be printed on the back of title page)
- The last page is thesis summary (about 900 marks)
- The declaration
is attached to personal qquestionnaire. The declaration alone should also be uploaded to APD as separate file.
- In case of completing a specialization, you must write in on the title page of the thesis. On the diploma will be given only one specialization (first
one), which will be written on the title page. Other specializations
will be included in the supplement. Please do not write the
between-major specialization on the title page.
Bachelor thesis should be uploaded to Archive of Diploma Theses (APD) (INSTRUCTION
students studying in English write the whole thesis and fill in all the
documents in English. While sending the thesis to APD choose the
correct language, otherwise the documents will not be accepted.
In case of technical problems please contact IT support - Centrum Technologii Informatycznych:
Building "B" room 7A, tel.: 0-22 564 64 64