INFORMATION ABOUT SUBJECTS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN COMPLETION OF STUDIES
General information about the programme of studies at Warsaw School of Economics:
- during the first 3 semesters all students have the same, obligatory classes (basic courses)
- during the first 2 semesters you need to do Physical Education classes
- during the first 4 semesters you study 2 different languages (at least on the intermediate level)
- beginning from the 4th semester you can choose subjects and do the courses designed for your field of study (major, obligatory courses; elective courses related to your field of study; other elective courses)
- you are allowed to choose and finish the minor within your field of study by doing specific group of elective courses and writing a bachelor's thesis related to this minor
- in the 5th or 6th semester you choose the bachelor's seminar and write the bachelor's thesis
- during studies you are obliged to do the internship (details – Dział Organizacji Dydaktyki, career service)
For the list of basic, major and elective courses related to particular fields of study, as well as description of the faculties check the links above.
Attention! Students of International Economics are obliged to do both Theory of State and European Integration (one as an basic course, on 4th semester, and the second as major, until the end of studies).
Trainings: students of the 1st year are obliged to participate in 3 online trainings (in Polish or English):
Trainings are obligatory and free. In case they are not completed the student will not be granted credit for the first semester. Students should make yourself acquainted with all the training materials and pass the obligatory tests, following the instructions provided. Contact
- Occupational Health Safety Training (BHP);
- Library Training;
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Protection.
: firstname.lastname@example.org, room 226, Building G
Suggested sequences of major subjects
Below you can find the suggested (non-obligatory) sequences of major subjects for students, who will begin studies from academic year 2021/2022. Realization of classes in the order proposed by the Programme Council of the field of study will allow you to optimally arrange your plan of study (some of the subjects due to the nature of discussed content, should be taken before others).
Field of study Global Business Finance and Governance
Field of study International Economics
Field of study Management