WELCOME AT SGH!
HERE IS SOME BASIC INFORMATION
THAT SHOULD HELP YOU DURING YOUR STUDIES
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF STUDIES
THE PLAN OF STUDY AND CURRICULUM
Soon you will receive on your e-mail, you gave us during recruitment process, information about: student number, login and password for SGH network.In case you don’t receive e-mail with above mentioned information, please contact the Admission Office. Login and password for SGH network is crucial information, it is needed for subscribing for classes, which at SGH is done ONLY via Virtual Dean’s Office To begin the studies you need to choose proper classes according to your plan of studies.Schedule of semester declarations:
- 24 August (Tuesday) 10:a.m. - 30 August 2021 (Monday) 10:00 a.m. - submitting in VDO of request for transfer of grades previously obtained in SGH for first semester students, who recruited again - Dean's Instruction
- 02 September 2021 (Thursday) 10:00 a.m. – 06 September 2021 (Monday) 10:00 a.m – 1st stage
- 14 September 2021 (Tuesday) - Publication of the preliminary class schedule for 1st semester
- 15 September 2021 (Wednesday) 10:00 a.m. – 16 September 2021 (Thursday) 10:00 a.m – 2nd stage – eliminating conflicts by students who participated in the 1st stage of selection
- 17 September 2021 (Friday) - Technical break
- 18 September 2021 (Saturday) 10:00 a.m. - 21 September 2021 (Tuesday) 10:00 a.m. – 2nd stage – joining the launched courses, as far as possible, no possibility to unsubscribe from any courses
- 23 September 2021 (Thursday) – Publication of class schedule for 1st semester
- 24 September 2021 (Firday) 10:00 a.m. – 27 September 2021 (Monday) 10:00 a.m - 3rd stage - the opportunity to join classed that are launched for full time studies students; joining the launched courses, as far as possible; no possibility to unsubscribe from any course for full time studies students
- 28 September 2021 (Tuesday) 10:00 a.m. – 4 October (Monday) 10:00 a.m – the opportunity to subscribe to the subjects with the approval of the teachers in Virtual Dean’s Office
- Subscribtion for Psychical Education classes
Please take a look at the programme and the plan of studies.
- during the first 3 semesters all of you have the same, obligatory classes (basic courses)
- during the first 2 semesters you have also Physical Education classes
- during the first 4 semesters you study 2 different languages
- beginning from the 4th semester you can choose subjects and do the courses designed for your field of study (major, obligatory courses; elective courses related to your field of study; other elective courses)
- you are allowed to choose and finish the minor within your field of study by doing specific groups of elective courses
- in the 5th or 6th semester you will choose the seminary and write the bachelor’s thesis
- during studies you are obliged to do the internship (details – Dział Organizacji Dydaktyki/Educational Support; useful website – www.kariera.sgh.waw.pl)
- you are allowed to change the declared field of study before the end of the 3rd semester, only to another fee-based faculty
Each semester you enrol on the classes logging in Virtual Dean’s Office (Wirtualny Dziekanat) and you have to do it BEFORE the classes begin! There is always more than one chance to do it. Not registering online may cause not being allowed to join the classes and, as a result, not completing them. You need 30 ECTS point each semester, 180 in the whole cycle of studies. You can use more, but exceeding the limit may result in adding a fee (check your table of payments). First you always choose the obligatory courses for the semester, then – if possible – you can add more. Each course you declare must be completed.
The complete programme and plan of studies, schedules and deadlines for submitting the declaration are available on the website:
Students of studies conducted in English are also allowed to participate in student exchange programmes. Please direct all questions regarding the programmes (i.e. Erasmus) to Mrs Katarzyna Smolińska (room 5).
You have 2 possibilities of taking each exam during the exam period („sesja”). If for some important reason (i.e. illness) you could not attend it, there is a possibility of prolonging the exam period. To do so you need to submit a special form. You have to attach the certification from the doctor’s office or other document that justifies your absence (not necessary if the reason was conflict of exams during the exam period – details in the Rules of Studies).
It is obligatory to check your grades in the Virtual Dean’s Office and inform the Dean’s Office about any problems. After one month the complaints will not be considered. In case of not getting the grade, in spite of passing the exam, contact the lecturer.
Conditional enrolment (so-called "warunek") for the next semester is possible for students of the 1st semester with ONLY ONE subject failed. As for the students of higher semesters, conditional consent to continue studying in the next semester may be awarded to those who did not pass not more than two courses. Getting “warunek” is not automatic: you need to submit a special form. Remember to take the same course next year (or semester, if possible)! The payment for the conditional enrolment is specified in your table of payments and has to be made within 2 weeks following the Dean’s decision, into your individual EUR account.
RESOLVING PROBLEMS AND CONTACT WITH THE AUTHORITIES
Problems with Virtual Dean's Office and e-mail accounts are the responsibility of Zespół Wsparcia Rozwiązań Informatycznych (IT support): email@example.com
(tel. 22 564 64 64 , Building B - Library, room 7a).
If your case is unique and the standard rules do not apply, you may contact the Dean/Vice Dean directly in his office. The hours will be announced on the website.
If you need to submit a written request, you bring it to the Dean’s Office or submit it via USOSweb or VDO (depending on the request). The process may take up 2 weeks, so after this period you can ask about the decision.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic it is forbidden to bring a request in person.
- decisions related to your studies (exams, grades, enrolling onto classes, leave from classes, conditional enrolment, change of field of studies, etc.) are made by the Dean (Prodziekan/Vice Dean)
- decisions related to prolongation of deadlines (submitting documents that you have not submitted during the recruitment process, payments) are made by the Rector (Prorektor ds. dydaktyki i studentów/Vice Rector for Teaching and Student Affairs)
All requests/applications directed to the Dean/Rector have to contain:
- actual date of submitting the request
- your personal data (at least name, surname, student's number, faculty and year)
- name of the person you are referring to
- explanation of the problem / justification of the request
- signature (hand-written!)
- in the case of extraordinary requests (especially related to payments) other documents, confirming your situation, may be needed
DUTIES OF THE STUDENT
- read and know the Rules and Regulations of Studies
- enrol on the classes online
- control the grades in the Virtual Dean’s Office
- pay the fees on time
- collect the documents in person
- inform about the change of personal data (including correspondence address and telephone number)
- foreign students who were enrolled for studies on the basis of (among others) visa or residence card are obliged to submit the up-to-date document immediately after the expiration date of the previous one
- check the e-mail box at SGH
- check „Aktualności” (News) on the website www.sgh.waw.pl
- respect office hours
DSL – Dziekanat Studium Licencjackiego / Undergraduate Dean’s Office (room 5-5a G; tel. 564 9880)
general questions, student’s card, written requests concerning studies, contact with the Dean
CNJO – Centrum Nauki Języków Obcych / Centre of Foreign Languages (room 203 G; tel. 564 9420)
questions concerning classes of foreign languages
CWFiS – Centrum Wychowania Fizycznego i Sportu / Centre of Physical Education and Sport (room 046 G; tel. 564 9430)
questions concerning PE classes (changing groups, sport camps)
DRE – Dział Rozwoju Edukacji / Education Development Centre (room 226 G; tel. 564 9722)
CWM – Centrum Współpracy Miedzynarodowej/ International Centre (room 13 A; tel. 564 9213)
DOD – Dział Organizacji Dydaktyki / Educational Support (room 37 G; tel. 564 9210)
obligatory internships, syllabi of courses
ZWRI – Zespół Wsparcia Rozwiązań Informatycznych / IT support (room 7A B; tel. 564 97 42)
passwords, VDO account, e-mail account
WD / VDO – Wirtualny Dziekanat / Virtual Dean’s Office
The Virtual Dean’s Office is a tool enabling students to:
- choose courses,
- follow the obtained grades,
- control the course of studies,
- check the fee balance,
- have insight into the didactic offer in the Guide
A special place within the system of the Virtual Dean’s Office is taken by semester course selection declarations. Every semester SGH students have the right and duty to choose courses in accordance with their study programme and on the basis of the SGH Didactic Offer which is in effect in a given academic year.
Twice a year there is a two-stage process of semester declaration submission. In the first stage students declare the courses and lecturers they would like to be taught by in the next semester. The declarations are the basis for the Dean’s Office to launch courses.
In the second stage there is a final selection of courses, lecturers and groups in the subsequent semester. Both stages are compulsory for students. The deadlines are displayed on the notice board outside the Dean’s Office and on the Virtual Dean’s Office website.
Rektor/Rector – dr hab., prof. SGH Piotr Wachowiak
Prorektor ds. dydaktyki i studentów/Vice Rector for Teaching and Student Affairs – dr hab. Krzysztof Kozłowski, prof. SGH
Dziekan Studium Licencjackiego/Dean of Undergraduate Office - prof. dr hab. Bartosz Witkowski
Prodziekan/Vice Dean – dr Małgorzata Znoykowicz-Wierzbicka
Kierownik Studium Licencjackiego/Head of Undergraduate Dean’s Office – mgr Anna Rek
Opiekun kierunku GBFG / GBFG faculty supervisor - dr hab. Ewa Baranowska-Prokop, prof. SGH
Opiekun kierunku IE / IE faculty supervisor - dr hab., prof. SGH Andżelika Kuźnar
Opiekun kierunku QMEIS / QMEIS faculty supervisor - dr hab., prof. SGH Emilia Tomczyk
Opiekun kierunku Management / Management faculty supervisor - prof. dr hab. Krystyna Poznańska
For more information about contacts visit the Address Book (Książka Adresowa) on our website.