Scholarship and Training Fund
was created on the basis of Memorandum of Understanding of implementing of Financial Mechanism EEA 2009-2014 between Iceland, Liechtenstein, Kingdom of Norway and Poland, as well as on the basis of Memorandum of Understanding of implementing of Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 between Kingdom of Norway and Poland.
Three countries of EFTA (European Free Trade Association) which are also members of the EEA (European Economic Area) i.e. Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, have offered to Poland non-refundable financial aid involving two instruments known as the EEA Grants and the Norway Grants.
The main purpose of the Fund will be to reduce the social and economic disparities within the European Economic Area and to strengthen bilateral relations between Poland, Norway, Liechtenstein and the Kingdom of Norway in the area of education.
The aim of the Fund will be enhancement of the human capital and knowledge base through:
- increased higher education staff and students mobility between Poland and donor-states,
- increased and strengthened institutional cooperation and partnership at all levels of the education sector (schools, higher education, vocational training/education and adult education) between Poland and donor-states.
Within Scholarship and Training Fund it is possible to apply for funds within four measures:
Among activities eligible for co-financing within the Fund in the years 2012-2016 there will i.a.:
- study periods and practical placements for students,
- preparatory visits of the representatives of the education institutions undertaken in order to establish or possibly to develop co-operation between institutions with a view to potential future co-operation, specifically the submission of an application for one or several of the measures covered by the Fund or other funding,
- activities aiming at development of the quality of study curricula offered in foreign languages by Polish HEIs,
- activities aiming at improvement of the quality of teaching and didactic capacity Polish education,
- activities aiming at development of the didactic offer,
- activities aiming at increase of participation of Polish education institutions in international programmes, programmes of pupils and students exchanges and at increase of possibilities of organizing of international events.
schools, HEIs and all institutions and organisations working in the area of the formal education at all levels: primary, secondary, higher, vocational and adult education.
Budget of the programme is 11,1 mln € consisting of 5 mln € from EEA Grants, 5 mln € from Norway Grants and 10% from the Polish state budget.