CEMS Master candidates must be fluent in three languages, either of which may be mothertongue:
- Second language (mothertongue and all official languages of the World) at B2/B1 oral/written proficiency levels
- Third langauge (at the level od 2nd language requirements or introductory course worth 5-6 ECTS, or B1 level, accepted commercial certificate/course if taken within 2 years before CEMS MIM year).
In case of students with English as a mothertongue, the student must prove proficiency in two other foreign language at B2 oral and B1 written level, and any other language as described above. If a student declares more than one mothertongue, he or she must sign a honorary statement (Mothertongue Declaration Form) that the student indeed is proficient in that language.
Thus, students’ linguistic abilities (now, mostly in two langagues, with the third that might be at elementary level) are tested or taught (in form of Business Communication Skill Seminar in English and optional tests/courses in other cases, ensuring the students’ ability to live and work in different cultures and business environments.
Be aware, however, that some combinations of languages (second and thrid langauge) are not allowed e.g.:
- CZECH / SLOVAK
- SPANISH (CASTELLAN) / CATALAN
- DANISH / NORWEGIAN / SWEDISH
- DUTCH / AFRIKANNS
- DUTCH / FRISIAN
- RUSSIAN / BELORUSSIAN / UKRAINIAN (unless these are no native languages of the students)
- RUSSIAN / KAZAKH
- CATALAN / SPANISH
Detailed rules are described in the Guide to CEMS Language Testing.