(after changes voted during the Online Annual Meeting in Seoul in 2020)
The Management of CEMS comprises:
- The CEMS Chair (elected by the Strategic Board) who appoints CEMNS Deputy Chair;
- The Strategic Board - Rectors and Deans of member schools, and elected representatives of corporate partners which convene once per year;
- The General Assembly, (vice rectors or associate deans for international affairs or graduate programmes) which convene once per year;
- The Management Council, a permanent decision-making body representing all stakeholders (with member appointed ex-officio and by the General Assembly) which convenes continually throughout the year;
- The CEMS Global Office, responsible for permanent coordination and management, led by CEMS Executive Director, and reports to the Management Council.
- At school level, cooridnation of the programme is performed by appointed CEMS Programme Managers and CEMS Corporate Realtions Managers.
The Management Council supervises the Permanent Committees
, that are responsible for quality standards, student and graduate profiles as well as reflection on operations, providing recommendations to the Management Council. Currently there are four Permanent Committees:
- Academic Committee, professors in charge (Academic Directors) of CEMS MIM in member schools, which convene twice a year;
- Quality Assurance Committee
- Corporate Partners Committee
- Finance Committee
The Management Coucil may create CEMS Task Force teams that prepare recommendations to be voted by the General Assembly.
CEMS PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT
To keep a high standard of teaching, CEMS constantly develops its Programme offer. The Curriculum offer, including social and networking events, is subject to an accreditation by the CEMS Academic Committee. In addition, all programme elements are subject to a constant quality evaluation process by Quality Assurance Committee (based on student evaluations) and periodical (every fourt/fifth year) peer review visits at all member schools.
THE CEMS STUDENT BOARD
Each CEMS institution is represented by a student elected on the Student Board (SB) being a driver of the international student community.
CEMS Clubs have been set up at most institutions to:
- Drive the international student community,
- Enhance CEMS’ reputation,
- Strengthen the international network between students,
- Foster strong relationship with alumni,
- Foster strong relationship with corporate partners,
- Foster innovative and progressive ideas to help CEMS grow,
- Create exciting opportunities for all the parties.
- The Student Board closely cooperates with the CEMS Head Office, the Executive Board and the Alumni Association.
The CEMS Alumni Association is the continuation of CEMS graduates’ multicultural experience. The Association is unique in that it is a truly international network whose members maintain lasting contact with each other, whilst living and working throughout the world. Since its creation, the Association has pursued its three goals:
- Promote the CEMS Master’s degree,
- Create and maintain friendly, lasting contacts among Alumni,
- Provide a professional network and opportunities for its members.
Alumni Members are organised worldwide. A Local Committee is the driving force at the local level. The Local Committees (LC) meet on a regular basis to discuss the activities and developments of the Association.
The Executive Committee’s mission is to foster the Alumni community by proposing and developing initiatives which reflect the Alumni ‘s objectives. The Executive Committee also represents the Alumni interests on the CEMS Executive Board and supports the CEMS Master’s Degree development.
CEMS ANNUAL EVENTS AND CAREER FORUM
The CEMS Career Forum is a highlight event of the CEMS year. Students are preselected for interviews with Corporate Partners before the event. The event is organised once a year in November at designated CEMS school.
The Annual Events are organised every year at the break of November and December at different member schools. The events are include several stakeholder’s meetings (i.e. Student Board, Alumni Association, Programme Managers etc.) and the Governing Bodies. The very special and central event to the Annual Events is CEMS Graduation Ceremony for the MIM graduates.
Due to the pandemic situation, in the years 2020-2021 the Annual Events (and the Career Forum) were conducted online.